Nice has been in my semi-consciousness for the last few years because there's a conference room at work that is named after this French city
I ate a bit of goat cheese with baguette in the room for a late breakfast, for which I was later grateful because we got lost on the way thanks to Mr. GPS. Clearly, the software on this unit had not been updated in a very long time, and we somehow got stuck on a laserbeam of a road (without any opportunities to turn around for miles) in the exact opposite direction. When we finally arrived in Nice, I instantly decided that it was worth the trouble: in Mohamed's words, it's the prettiest big city we've seen.
I observed that the beach was not a sandy beach but a pebbly beach -- definitely not what I would have expected.
In passing through the downtown area, I thought that the menus were good and the prices reasonable.
I was very excited to see a specialty confectionery, where I selected some items for my mom. Yes, I was very well-behaved and didn't buy anything sweet for myself!
Unfortunately, we got lost on the parking structure because the spaces were not individually numbered, and I was very thirsty and hot after walking the length of two floors. Mohamed's eagle eye spotted our little car after what seemed like an eternity, and I sat down gratefully in the passenger seat. We decided to stop by Monaco quickly, and unintentionally took the long way on the grand corniche with so many twists and turns (very hard to do uphill with a stick shift) that I turned green. I can see why people like to visit, though: it is obviously very well-manicured and posh.
I was shocked by prices at the restaurants (110 Euro for fish), so we headed back to Cannes. We found ourselves at a local restaurant with a crazy funny owner whose outfit looked liked a cross between a pirate's costume and haute couture. I had fish soup, duck breast, and creme caramel; my favorite dish was Mohamed's salad with warm chicken livers, though!
I ate a bit of goat cheese with baguette in the room for a late breakfast, for which I was later grateful because we got lost on the way thanks to Mr. GPS. Clearly, the software on this unit had not been updated in a very long time, and we somehow got stuck on a laserbeam of a road (without any opportunities to turn around for miles) in the exact opposite direction. When we finally arrived in Nice, I instantly decided that it was worth the trouble: in Mohamed's words, it's the prettiest big city we've seen.
We stopped right away for lunch, and I ordered a real Nicoise salad. I say "real" not only because I was in Nice, but also because all of the ingredients tasted exactly how they were supposed to taste: the tuna dark, the olives smooth, the eggs delicate. Mohamed's white fish was light and delicious, too.
On the way to the beach, I noticed some chandeliers in the antique market. I love sparkles!I observed that the beach was not a sandy beach but a pebbly beach -- definitely not what I would have expected.
I was happy to see a set of stairs leading to a waterfall because I wanted to see the view from above, and I thought it was (as always) worth the effort. I found the way that the buildings were situated on the water very aesthetically pleasing.
I just loved the splashes of color throughout the city, both from the flowers and the buildings.In passing through the downtown area, I thought that the menus were good and the prices reasonable.
I was very excited to see a specialty confectionery, where I selected some items for my mom. Yes, I was very well-behaved and didn't buy anything sweet for myself!
Unfortunately, we got lost on the parking structure because the spaces were not individually numbered, and I was very thirsty and hot after walking the length of two floors. Mohamed's eagle eye spotted our little car after what seemed like an eternity, and I sat down gratefully in the passenger seat. We decided to stop by Monaco quickly, and unintentionally took the long way on the grand corniche with so many twists and turns (very hard to do uphill with a stick shift) that I turned green. I can see why people like to visit, though: it is obviously very well-manicured and posh.