June 26: Paris, The Best Of

I slept in while Mohamed attended his Eurocancer conference, and waited for him to return for lunch.  He surprised me with a declaration that we would head back to Cafe Pouchkine, which made me very happy because I was so impressed with the Pavlova I had had earlier.  After selecting my lunch proper, I contemplated my dessert. 
I had seen the pink rose the first time and thought it looked almost too pretty to eat, but I was determined to select it this time as my dessert.  I was not disappointed:  a delicate coulis of tropical fruit was draped over soft cake, and the blush petals were made from creamy white chocolate.  I savored every bite.  Mohamed's mille feuille was great, too!
After lunch, I found myself in "jewelry lane," where many of the famous French designers have their boutiques.  I visited Van Cleef & Arpels, and decided that the pink and white bow ring is still my favorite among their various (gorgeous) designs.
I clamored to see the Egyptian wing at the Louvre, where they were also featuring a modern artist.  I admit that I thought it was weird -- his exhibitions were placed in the most jarring and unexpected places (but maybe that was the point).
For dinner, we met up with Adam and headed to Riad Nejma.  Food was good, but the maitre d' was really grumpy.  The other staff were pleasant, thankfully.  My tagine was great, if a little hot:  I burned my tongue because I was too impatient!