I was very happy to hear Mohamed suggest that we visit Sevilla again before our late-afternoon flight back to Paris. In particular, I was still fairly jet-lagged the first time around, so I wanted to reinforce the sights and sounds!
We decided to climb up the Torre Deloro, which is now a naval museum. I liked the stairs -- it still retains echos of its Arab past. The views from the top were great.
Our next stop was the cathedral in Sevilla where Columbus is reportedly buried. I liked the side-by-side Arabic and English texts.
We climbed to the top of the Giralda (yes, another climb), which used to be the minaret of the mosque that later was transformed into this cathedral. Great views again!
Oh, and Mohamed found a room with golden treasures. I liked the one on the right. :)
Other "hidden" rooms ran tangentially from the center of the cathedral. Unfortunately, we had to leave without seeing them all because we had to catch our flight.
In our hurried walk back to the car, I saw a very large pastry shop and just had to stop. I bought this raspberry twist, which turned out to be the yummiest pastry I had in Spain: the jam tasted like berries ripened in the sun, and the twist itself tasted like caramelized butter.
Upon landing in Paris, we had just enough time to see the Arc de Triomphe. Since Mohamed had to get up early for his oncology conference the next day, we called it quits and headed back to our hotel. Plus, I was tired, as you can see from this picture!
We decided to climb up the Torre Deloro, which is now a naval museum. I liked the stairs -- it still retains echos of its Arab past. The views from the top were great.
Our next stop was the cathedral in Sevilla where Columbus is reportedly buried. I liked the side-by-side Arabic and English texts.
We climbed to the top of the Giralda (yes, another climb), which used to be the minaret of the mosque that later was transformed into this cathedral. Great views again!
Oh, and Mohamed found a room with golden treasures. I liked the one on the right. :)
Other "hidden" rooms ran tangentially from the center of the cathedral. Unfortunately, we had to leave without seeing them all because we had to catch our flight.
In our hurried walk back to the car, I saw a very large pastry shop and just had to stop. I bought this raspberry twist, which turned out to be the yummiest pastry I had in Spain: the jam tasted like berries ripened in the sun, and the twist itself tasted like caramelized butter.
Upon landing in Paris, we had just enough time to see the Arc de Triomphe. Since Mohamed had to get up early for his oncology conference the next day, we called it quits and headed back to our hotel. Plus, I was tired, as you can see from this picture!