July 2: Juan-les-Pins and St. Raphael

I was concerned about the amount of driving Mohamed would have to do the next day in returning to Paris (almost nine hours), so we decided to stay local.  We headed to a small beach 10 minutes away called Juan-les-Pins, and I got to wear my bikini for the first time this trip!  For lunch, I had a savory French pastry, along with a sandwich.  For dessert, I ate my first authentic French crepe with caramel made from Brittany butter.  The flavor was indescribably rich and warm -- I have never tasted caramel that good and I, a caramel fanatic, have eaten quite a bit of caramel over the years.
I had uncovered St. Raphael in my research for charming towns, so we headed over.  We were surprised, however, by the size -- in fact, I would say that it's definitely much too bustling of a town to be declared charming. 
It was still an interesting visit, made very interesting by an awesome pastry shop.  Everything was delectable!  The macaroons were lightly crunchy and deliciously gooey, the fig cake was enveloped in the yummiest marzipan I've tasted, and the almond croissant was buttery and nutty.  I managed to save some items to give as gifts (see, I have some discipline)!
For dinner, we headed to a popular crustacean restaurant in Cannes that we had passed by previously.  The mussels were very, very good -- I'm sure the butter had something to do with it.  I also got a thumbs-up from the waiter on my fish-eating skills.  Hey, I'm Chinese:  we don't leave any fresh fish remaining on the bone!