I woke up at 6am after going to bed at 1am, and was barely awake enough to eat some cheese with fruit -- but I knew I had to fortify myself for the hike up to Alhambra Palace because our tickets required us to be on site by 9am, and I definitely didn't want to be late. I was not disappointed: I absolutely love Islamic architecture, and I was enthralled by what I saw.
After walking around the grounds and gardens from 9am to 2pm, though, I almost passed out from low blood sugar and ate cherry ice cream to stabilize (the yummiest medicine ever). We had tapas and salad for real lunch, and took one-hour nap. Dinner was at a Moroccan restaurant, and I was delighted by the appetizers and my lamb tagine. My fruit cocktail dessert was scented with orange blossom water, Mohamed's dessert was a tasty pair of classic pastries. Delicious!
After walking around the grounds and gardens from 9am to 2pm, though, I almost passed out from low blood sugar and ate cherry ice cream to stabilize (the yummiest medicine ever). We had tapas and salad for real lunch, and took one-hour nap. Dinner was at a Moroccan restaurant, and I was delighted by the appetizers and my lamb tagine. My fruit cocktail dessert was scented with orange blossom water, Mohamed's dessert was a tasty pair of classic pastries. Delicious!
On the way back to the hotel, I saw an ad for belly dancing on Saturdays at a nearby restaurant that was suitably decorated. Hmmm, future employment opportunity should Granada appeal to my future self as a temporary residence? :)