June 22: Costa del Sol and Gibraltar

Mohamed took me to visit Marbella, a chic resort of yesteryear.  There was a rinse station in the shape of an elephant on the beach -- cute!
I smelled sardines (ick), and I was right -- many restaurants grill them on the beach.
I was hungry for lunch, and we selected a nice restaurant to eat grilled halal fish on the beach (as advertised specifically by the restaurant).  The owner was funny:  he immediately spoke Arabic to Mohamed, and was proud to say that he bought his fish from Morocco -- much cheaper, apparently.
We drove along the picturesque coastline, as Mohamed wanted to show Gibraltar to me.  He definitely delivered:   I viewed the famous rock from many angles (Mediterranean and Atlantic); my favorite shot is this colorful one.
I was super-tired (no nap!), and we decided to eat cheese and fruit for dinner in the hotel suite before collapsing in bed.