I have quickly realized that the amount of laundry I'll have to wash will be overwhelming if I don't set up a system, so now I have a process. I'll spare you the details, but it involves the concepts of centralization and also a bathtub (think of how people used to smash grapes for wine).
Mohamed drove us to Cordoba in the rental car, which was a finicky stick shift. I saw fields and fields of yellow sunflowers.
We walked and got lost on the way to La Mezquita (the mosque), which wouldn't have been memorable if we weren't so hot and thirsty. I was famished by the time we got there, and I was happy to sit down to lunch. The flan was tasty.
La Mezquita is gorgeously imposing, and I loved seeing the Arabic influences that still remain despite the changes made after its use was converted to Catholic purposes.
Walking around La Juderia (the Jewish quarter) near the mosque, I saw a pastry shop. I tried a local flaky treat with a gelatinous center. It was okay -- a little too dry and a little too sweet for my taste.
Mohamed then saw a museum based in what used to be a watch tower on the river. Its purpose was to protect the bridge. I enjoyed the view from the top.
Mohamed then saw a sign advertising La Casa Andalusi, which is a restored Arabic home from the time of the Andalus. I thought it was airy and breathy -- I would love to live somewhere like that! I think the turtle was happy there.
After a two-hour nap (see, I'm making progress -- I've halved my naptime), Mohamed took me to dinner at the oldest tapas place in Cordoba. We walked around La Mezquita for the nighttime view, and drank mint tea and ate fragrant pastries at an Arabic tea shop.
Mohamed drove us to Cordoba in the rental car, which was a finicky stick shift. I saw fields and fields of yellow sunflowers.
We walked and got lost on the way to La Mezquita (the mosque), which wouldn't have been memorable if we weren't so hot and thirsty. I was famished by the time we got there, and I was happy to sit down to lunch. The flan was tasty.
La Mezquita is gorgeously imposing, and I loved seeing the Arabic influences that still remain despite the changes made after its use was converted to Catholic purposes.
Walking around La Juderia (the Jewish quarter) near the mosque, I saw a pastry shop. I tried a local flaky treat with a gelatinous center. It was okay -- a little too dry and a little too sweet for my taste.
Mohamed then saw a museum based in what used to be a watch tower on the river. Its purpose was to protect the bridge. I enjoyed the view from the top.
Mohamed then saw a sign advertising La Casa Andalusi, which is a restored Arabic home from the time of the Andalus. I thought it was airy and breathy -- I would love to live somewhere like that! I think the turtle was happy there.
After a two-hour nap (see, I'm making progress -- I've halved my naptime), Mohamed took me to dinner at the oldest tapas place in Cordoba. We walked around La Mezquita for the nighttime view, and drank mint tea and ate fragrant pastries at an Arabic tea shop.